Wednesday, January 12, 2005

calm down, it's coming

so i know i promised that details from the tour de tejas would be up soon, but it's not going to happen just yet. the holdup is that i want to post some of the pictures from the trip, but this is proving difficult because of my recent switch to the apple. yes, i can hear your snickers: "but brian, i thought apple was superior in every way ..."

well, shutup, because it is. however, google hasn't quite caught up. blogger is a google entity, and uses another google program called "hello" in order to post pictures. downside: hello is only available for the proles ... aka pc/windows users. there's another up-and-coming site called flickr that you can use to post pictures on your blog, but a free account only holds about 8 pictures, and that's not worth it. i'm sure there's another way, and no one's telling me about it (please feel free to fill me in), but until i get back to my dinosaur of a pc in oxford, i don't want to post any tour de tejas material. trust me, it'll be better when i have the time and know-how to do it right.

since i've been home, however, things have been slowed down significantly. example? it's 3:30 pm, and i haven't showered today. yesterday, stu, kelso and i played a round of hippie golf -- at which i am terrible. every shot of mine has a massive slice, and i can't throw a disc very far, but if you put me in the teebox of a 150 ft dogleg left, you better not stand in front of the chains. stu won handily, kelso lost gracefully, and i basked in my usual mediocrity.

tonight, its back to oxford, to return to all my scholarly pursuits. maybe i'll get some work done on the blog tonight. until then, i'm going to leave you with ...

zach braff's new year's resolutions:
forgo all exercise (including walking),
learn to smoke (something thin like capri's),
take my loved ones for granted,
stop washing my hands after twosies,
laugh at babies who are late walkers,
pull leaves off trees that appear to be flourishing,
name the yet to be named voices in my head (something tough like "carl" or "kyle"),
be less kind to bunnies,
floss everything but my teeth,
travel (but only around my yard with a light carry-on),
stop and smell the rosens. (they're a wonderful family and absolutely compulsive about showering)

1 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog about cingular customer service and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about cingular customer service so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by cingular customer service

 

Post a Comment

<< Home